Jill Greenberg

"Whats driving me in how my images look? It reflects what i am feeling at a particular time, and the reality of the world I live in, even the day-to-day light. When I moved to California there was no more daylight. That was influential. And when you go to a rock concert and see the light playing off the performer on stage, or notice hot it looks in a movie, then study what the cinematographer has done. I figure out what moves me and learn from that."


"People are usually happy to be made to look amazingly perfect. I don't want to retouch them to make them look too plastic. With a celebrity I can't take it too far - they have to look like themselves, so I make them a better version of themselves .. just a little more perfect."


"I am always thinking of new ideas and would love to pursue them. But it is expensive to produce images like the ones I want to make. The hardest part is you want to do this amazing picture and, whether for yourself or for a client, it can turn out you can't afford to produce it in the way you want to. You need to be a bit of a business person, too, in this work. I would love to have unlimited money and time to make all the pictures I wanted! I have a million ideas, things i see in my head, and want to do them all."


Quotes from Photo-wisdom, Master Photographers on Their Art, Lewis Blackwell.
















No comments:

Post a Comment