Mark Seliger

"I always start from the place of an idea. I don't walk into a photoshoot without an idea at hand, a possibility of where I want to go - perhaps just the format and the energy, or perhaps something really conceptual that might take a lot of planning and have a very strong foundation."

"Why platinum-palladium? There's a real satisfaction in making your own paper, it looks so much better than anybody could make for you."

"Photography can also be so consuming, so it is good to have another outlet. It's another muscle to develop. It makes you better, pushes you to think differently. It's a great balance for me. Sometimes in photography you introduce the idea of theater and performance and it helps that I have directly been involved in that with the music."

Quotes from Photo-wisdom, Master Photographers on Their Art, Lewis Blackwell.








No comments:

Post a Comment